Tom Morello, co-founder of Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave and Prophets of Rage, released another single from his upcoming album The Atlas Underground Fire named “Driving To Texas” featuring Phantogram. Tom Morello describes “Driving To Texas” as a, “dark journey, a struggle for a tortured soul,” and the song does exactly that, twisting dark harmonies with the well known guitar parts of Morello, taking us into what feels more like hell than Texas.
The lyric video, entirely in black and white, runs through creepy scenes of brides in skull makeup, forests filled with smoke, and a dark shadow clawing up against the white screen of the words. Morello, who has worked in various genres of music and has always pushed boundaries, really shows his artistic range here with the help of Phantogram, who adds his own touch to the music we hear on the track.
Listen to “Driving To Texas” here:
This single follows his initial release for The Atlas Underground Fire, a cover of “Highway to Hell” featuring Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder where they took the “Highway to Hell” and created the rock track of your dreams. The much anticipated album is being released on October 15 by Mom+Pop Music, with more collaborators on the roster, like Chris Stapleton, Mike Posner, Damian Marley and more.
The Atlas Underground Fire Tracklist:
1. Harlem Hellfighter
2. Highway to Hell (featuring Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder)
3. Let’s Get The Party Started (featuring Bring Me The Horizon)
4. Driving to Texas (featuring Phantogram)
5. The War Inside (featuring Chris Stapleton)
6. Hold The Line (featuring grandson)
7. Naraka (featuring Mike Posner)
8. The Achilles List (featuring Damian Marley)
9. Night Witch (featuring phem)
10. Charmed I’m Sure (featuring Protohype)
11. Save Our Souls (featuring Dennis Lyxzén of Refused)
12. On The Shore Of Eternity (featuring Sama’ Abdulhadi)
Photo Credit Marv Watson