Wreck and Reference have done a rendition on Deftones “Change (In The House Of Flies).” They have added their own lyrics to Deftones’ song to bring the audience something new. Parental Discretion is advised while listening to this song.
Wreck and Reference add their own twist to “Change (In The House Of Flies)” by including ecocide, meaning that the song deals with the destruction of nature and negligence of human action to protect something. The rendition leans heavily on metal music, noise rock and screamo vocals. The album is also an extended play (EP), which doesn’t have as many songs on it, but also not a single. This EP is, a nu-metal tribute compilation being released by The Flenser.
Wreck and Reference comment on why they added their own lyrics to “Change (In The House Of Flies)”: “We’ve always enjoyed Deftones, but we added our own lyrics about ecocide since that is the primary driver of our nostalgia. So you get two songs for the price of one, and the price is free, so it’s an infinitely good deal.”
Wreck and Reference aren’t the only ones doing renditions on songs. More can be found on the new album Send The Pain Below. The tracklist can be found below.
Send The Pain Below Tracklist:
- Wreck And Reference – “Change (In The House Of Flies) (Deftones cover)
- Chat Pile‘s – “Roots Bloody Roots” (Sepultura cover)
- Vile Creature – “Paper Dolls” (Kittie cover)
- Drowse – “Wait And Bleed” (Slipknot cover)
- Cremation Lily – “Falling Away From Me” (Korn cover)
- Midwife – “Send The Pain Below” (Chevelle cover)