Taylor Hawkins & The Coattail Riders have announced their third album entitled Get The Money, which will be released via Shanabelle/RCA Records, on November 8th. Hawkins, who is best known as the drummer behind the influential alternative rock band Foo Fighters, has brought together fellow Foo Fighters Dave Grohl and Pat Smear, along with Roger Taylor, Joe Walsh, Duff McKagan, Nancy Wilson, Chrissie Hynde, Perry Farrell and LeAnn Rimes among others to help collaborate on this latest project.
Besides the titular Hawkins, who serves as the band’s lead vocalist in addition to its drummer, the group consists of Chris Chaney on bass, Gannin Arnold on guitar and support vocals, and Nate Wood on guitar and support vocals.
In addition to this album announcement, the band has released a new single entitled “Crossed The Line,” which includes many elements of punk, and post-grunge, with hard hitting portions and bridges during the first part of the song, which are spaced out by more melodic moments. The end finishes off with some psychedelic synth lines, that ease the track out, before building up into an opening for another song.
Hawkins released KOTA, a six-track solo EP three years ago. This is his band’s first project in 9 years, following up from the release of 2010’s Red Light Fever.
Get The Money
- Crossed the Line (featuring Dave Grohl, Jon Davison)
- Don’t Look At Me That Way (featuring Duff McKagan, Nancy Wilson)
- You’re No Good at Life No More (featuring Dave Grohl)
- I Really Blew It (featuring Dave Grohl, Perry Farrell)
- Queen Of The Clowns (featuring Mark King)
- Get the Money (featuring Joe Walsh, Chrissie Hynde, Duff McKagan)
- C U in Hell (featuring LeAnn Rimes)
- Middle Child (featuring Dave Grohl)
- Kiss the Ring
- Shapes Of Things (featuring Roger Taylor, Pat Smear)
Photo Credit: Boston Lynn Schulz