The Music of Red Dead Redemption 2: Original Soundtrack Vinyl is set for release on September 20 via Lakeshore Records. Pre-order is now available through Lakeshore Records Online Store. The vinyl was produced by 11-time Grammy Award winner Daniel Lanois, known for producing albums for Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Willie Nelson as well as collaborating with pioneering musician Brian Eno to produce several albums for U2 including the multi-platinum The Joshua Tree.
The soundtrack features music created exclusively for Red Dead Redemption 2 by award-winning artists, D’Angelo, Willie Nelson, Rhiannon Giddens and Josh Homme. Red Dead Redemption 2 boasts one of the best game soundtracks, having won Best Music at The Game Awards in 2018.
Music and gaming fans alike have been treated to some of the soundtrack’s releases, like “Unshaken” by D’Angelo and Josh Homme’s “Cruel Cruel World.” At The Game Awards in Los Angeles earlier this year, Rhiannon Giddens and Daniel Lanois performed a live version of “Unshaken.” Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the biggest games to hit the market, having made a whopping $725 million in worldwide sales within its first three days.
The 2 x LP set comes pressed on 180-gram, translucent red vinyl inside a gatefold package with printed sleeves. The Music of Red Dead Redemption 2: Original Soundtrack will be available at all major vinyl retailers on September 20.
Side A –
01. Unshaken – D’Angelo – 3:53 mins
02. Moonlight – Daniel Lanois, Daryl Johnson, Joseph Maize, Darryl Hatcher and Rhiannon Giddens 3:47 mins
03. That’s The Way It Is – Daniel Lanois 4:08 mins
Side B –
04. Mountain Finale – Daniel Lanois 2:54 mins
05. Crash of Worlds – Rocco DeLuca – 1:46 mins
06. Cruel World – Willie Nelson – 2:28 mins
07. Red – Daniel Lanois – 2:15 mins
Side C –
08. Mountain Hymn – Rhiannon Giddens – 3:58 mins
09. Mountain Banjo – Rhiannon Giddens – 2:42 mins
10. Table Top – Daniel Lanois – 4:05 mins
Side D –
11. Love Come Back – Daniel Lanois – 3:43 mins
12. Oh My Lovely – Daniel Lanois – 3:12 mins
13. Cruel World – Josh Homme – 3:38 mins