Parisian bossa nova cover group Nouvelle Vague are set to release their first album to feature original compositions. The LP, I Could Be Happy, is their fifth overall and first since 2010’s Couleurs sur Paris.
I Could Be Happy is out November 4th via Kwaiden Records. The tracklist is posted below, as is the album’s eponymous single. “I Could Be Happy” is a cover of the Altered Images classic original.
In addition to original tracks, I Could Be Happy features covers of songs by Cocteau Twins, Brian Eno, Ramones, The Cure, and Richard Hell.
Prior to I Could Be Happy’s release, Nouvelle Vague shared the Athol Brose EP, which is also available via Kwaidan Records
Nouvelle Vague consists of instrumentalists Marc Collin and Olivier Libaux with rotating singers. They generally cover new-wave and post-punk music in their signature, jazzy, lounge-like sound. Collin and Libaux have produced and released four total LP’s, and have toured internationally including performing sold out shows at Royal Albert Hall in London, The Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and Olympia in Paris.
I Could Be Happy
- Athol Brose featuring Liset Alea (Cocteau Twins cover)
- Love Comes in Spurts (Richard Hell & the Voidoids cover)
- I Wanna Be Sedated (Ramones cover)
- I Could Be Happy (Altered Images cover)
- All Cats Are Grey (The Cure cover)
- No One Is Receiving (Brian Eno cover)
- Maladroit (composed by Olivier Libaux)
- Algo Familiar (composed by Marc Collin)
- Loneliness (composed by Marc Collin)
- La Pluie et Le Beau Temps (composed by Olivier Libaux)