Warpaint unveils their cover of 1982’s “The Chauffeur”. This is the second track released from Minimal Vinyl’s album, Making Patters Rhyme, a celebration of Duran Duran.
According to consequenceofsound, “the Los Angeles rockers convert the twisted, glitchy piano ballad into a warped, slow-moving slice of muted post-rock. Still, even without the aid of Simon Le Bon’s lush wailing, Warpaint still manages to recreate the same mix of deep sadness and foreboding intensity.”
Making Patterns Rhyme is due out on July 15. All sales of the album will benefit Amnesty International. Other artists featured on the album include Little Dragon, Austra, Crocodiles, Barbarian, Luxxury, Soko, and many more. More information on the album can be found here. The soundcloud for “The Chauffer” can be found below.
Making Patterns Rhyme Tracklist:
01. Moby – Rio
02. Beliefs – Sound of Thunder
03. Service Bells – Anyone Out There
04. Soko – Girls on Film
05. Warpaint – The Chauffeur
06. Luxxury – Planet Earth
07. Little Dragon – Save a Prayer
08. Carina Round – Come Undone (ft. Aidan Hakwen)
09. Vum – Winter Marches On
10. Louise Burns – Land
11. Austra – American Science
12. Darklands – Union of the Snake
13. Halo Circus – Do You Believe in Shame?
14. Trends – My Own Way
15. Barbarian – Late Bar
16. The Holiday Crowd – Friends of Mine
17. Verdigrls – Secret Oktober
18. Trends – My Own Way
19. Lewis + Clarke – Seventh Stranger