Too many cooks or creative melting pot? While revealing the track list for tongue-in-cheek New album, Paul McCartney flaunts a four-producer harem.
Due for release on October 15th, New is McCartney’s first LP of original material since 2007’s Memory Almost Full. And from what we gather, it’s going to include a spectrum of styles, some quite distinct from McCartney’s previous work.
“The original idea was to go to a couple of producers whose work I loved, to see who I got on with best,” says the aging Fab-Four bassist. “But it turned out I got on with all of them! We made something really different with each producer, so I couldn’t choose and ended up working with all four. We just had a good time in different ways.”
Having continued to perform at festivals including last month’s Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco, McCartney appears as a spry gent with something to prove. Bringing together producers Paul Epworth, Mark Ronson, Ethan Johns and executive producer Giles Martin, he promises to deliver an agile record that’s emphatically “new.”
01. Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
02. Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
03. On My Way to Work (produced by Giles Martin)
04. Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
05. Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns)
06. New (produced by Mark Ronson)
07. Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
08. Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
09. Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
10. I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)
11. Looking At Her (produced by Giles Martin)
12. Road (produced by Giles Martin)