First Lady Michelle Obama has helped to put out a hip-hop album by collaborating with the Partnership for a Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health.
Pitchfork reports that the album was made to promote healthy living, and it features well-known artists such as Jordin Sparks, Ashanti, DMC of Run DMC, Doug E. Fresh and more. In addition, Matisyahu, Ariana Grande and Travis Barker of Blink-182 perform as a trio called Salad Bar.
Unfortunately, Michelle Obama doesn’t rap on the album herself, but Politico has said that the First Lady did contribute video cameos.
Songs for a Healthier America
01. Everybody (feat. Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr. Oz and the Hip Hop Doc)
02. U R What You Eat (feat. Salad Bar)
03. Let’s Move (feat. Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD)
04. Just Believe (feat. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins)
05. Veggie Luv (feat. Monifah and J. Rome)
06. Hip Hop FEET (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds) (feat. DMC, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins)
07. Stronger (feat. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, Nils Lofgren)
08. Give Myself a Try (feat. Ryan Beatty)
09. Jump Up (It’s a Good Day) Let’s Move version (feat. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
10. Hip Hop LEAN (feat. Artie Green)
11. Pass the Rock (feat. Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. Good Living (feat. Ashton Jones)
13. Beautiful (feat. Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. Change the Game (feat. The Happiness Club and Naledge)
15. Wanna Jump (Let’s Move) (feat. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub)
16. Mother May I? (feat. Amelia Robinson)
17. We Like Vegetables (feat. Los Barkers!)
18. Get Up Sit Up (feat. Ian James and Ricky Baitz)
19. One Step Forward (feat. Samite)