We heard about the solo project coming from Blink 182‘s legendary tatted-up drummer a while ago. And now, about a year later to be exact, we’re finally getting official details.
With a sneek peek of the album (2 tracks and a 3D video available for download) already online, fans have been patiently–or impatiently–waiting to hear when they can actually get their hands on the entire album. Lucky for them, Travis Barker’s Give The Drummer Some is expected to drop February 22.
With Barker having minimal experience in music other than drumming, aside from being in a tremendously successful band, many artists have worked with him on some fabulous collaborations. Artists featured on the album include Eminem, B.o.B, Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, RZA, Raekwon, Slipknot’s Corey Taylor, Linkin Park‘s Chester Bennington, Tom Morello, Slash, Rick Ross, Drake, and Lupe Fiasco—just to name a few.
With the album release date comes more exciting news. Via Twitter, Barker also confesses that a tour is to be expected soon after the album drop, as well as a 2011 return of his band, The Transplants.
Below is a tentative tracklist of Give The Drummer Some. Stay tuned for the full tracklist as well as more info on his solo project.
01. Carry It (ft. Tom Morello, Raekwon, RZA. Produced by Travis Barker and RZA)
02. Saturday Night (ft. The Transplants, Slash. Produced by Travis Barker)
03. Jumpdown (ft. The Cool Kids. Produced by Chuck Inglish and Travis Barker)
04. Can The Drummer Get Some? (ft. Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Swizz Beatz, The Game.
Produced by Swizz Beatz)
05. If U Want (ft. Lupe Fiasco, Pharell Williams. Produced by The Neptunes)
06. On My Own (ft. Corey Taylor, produced by Eric Valentine)
07. Right Away (ft. B.O.B. Produced by Travis Barker)
08. Devil’s Got A Hold Of Me (ft. Slaughterhouse. Produced by DJ Khalil and Travis