Two tracks from the newly released soundtrack for David Fincher’s yet-to-be-released The Social Network scored by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have been released as free multitrack (or stems) at http://remix.nin.com. A remix contest will begin and Reznor and Ross will choose their favorite few remixes, with one grand prize winner getting flown out to LA and meeting the duo. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, September 28th. Prize details are as follows from their website:
– A flight to LA (if not an LA-area resident*) for you and a guest on or around October 1st, 2010.
– Hotel accommodations** for two nights
– Two tickets to see “The Social Network” at a theater on opening night in LA***
– Meet up with Trent and Atticus
– A signed art proof from the Social Network package. These are made during the manufacturing process and are completely unique – only one is ever made.
We may also include the winning remixes on a potential future official remix compilation.
*”LA-area resident” is defined as anyone who resides within 100 miles of Los Angeles, CA. Grand Prize Winner’s guest will be deemed to reside where Grand Prize Winner resides.
**One room, double occupancy.
***Trent and Atticus will not be attending the movie with the winners.
This isn’t the first time Trent Reznor has done this: in 2008 he put the entirety of Ghosts I-IV on his website as multitrack downloads and since then has continued putting his new material up for free.
Check out the full contest details on their Facebook page: