Ambient art rocker Brian Eno is set to release a new album this fall entitled Small Craft on a Milk Sea. If that’s not exciting enough for you, he’ll be releasing the LP in a number of different editions, all of which are pretty impressive.
Small Craft on a Milk Sea, which features Jon Hopkins and Leo Abrahams, drops November 2nd in the U.S. and November 15th in the United Kingdo on Warp Records.
The album will be released in four different variations. Here we go:
CD: The plain ol’ CD package will be released in an 8-panel digipak. Customers who pre-order the CD from Bleep will receive instant digital downloads following the relase date.
Digital Download: The high-quality download will come in 24-bit audiophile quality WAV downloads from Bleep.com, 16-bit WAV downloads plus standard MP3/AAC downloads. The album can be downloaded from iTunes, Amazon, and other stores on the album’s release date.
Limited Edition Box Set: The limited edition box set is packaged in a rigid, Birch paper-covered slipcase with printed and foil-blocked cover and spine. It will include:
- 180g heavyweight, double disc 12″ vinyl pressing of the album, in full-color, case-bound 12″ cover, lined in crimson stock with foil block;
- CD pressing of the album, along with extra disc containing four extra tracks, in full-color, case-bound 12″ cover, lined in crimson stock with foil blocked credit sheet;
- High quality 12″ square lithographic print of new Brian Eno artwork, printed on 352gsm Mohawk Superfine stock, presented in full-color, case-bound 12″ cover, lined in crimson stock with tissue paper protection;
- Audiophile quality downloads : 24-bit WAV album AND 320kbps MP3 album delivered digitally on day of release.
Collector’s Edition Box Set: The collector’s edition box set, strictly limited edition of 250 worldwide, includes everything in the Vinyl Edition with the following, one-of-a-kind additions:
- A one-off, entirely unique and customized 12″ square silkscreen print by Brian Eno;
- A print application of the generative process that Brian has been developing throughout his career. Each print will be be a unique combination of screen printed elements by Brian Eno and Nick Robertson;
- Printed on 330gsm Somerset Radiant White stock, signed and numbered in pencil by Brian Eno. There are no duplicates. The printing process will be fully documented; and
- A real copper plate, etched with the title and edition number embedded in the slipcase spine.
Total information and pre-order details can be found here.