Robert Plant and Alison Krauss put their collaborative stamp on an eclectic repertoire of material on Raising Sand, due October 23rd via Rounder. Plant and Krauss first performed together in 2004 at a Leadbelly tribute at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, but it took several years before they found time to team up in the studio with Burnett in Nashville and Los Angeles.
Among the musicians contributing to the project are guitarists Marc Ribot and Norman Blake, multi-instrumentalist Mike Seeger, drummer Jay Bellerose and bassist Dennis Crouch.
Raising Sand will be released just ahead of a Led Zeppelin retrospective and a deluxe reissue of the live album and film The Song Remains the Same.
Track listing (with songwriter):
1. “Rich Woman” (Dorothy LaBostrie/McKinley Millet)
2. “Killing the Blues” (Rowland Salley)
3. “Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us” (Sam Phillips)
4. “Polly Come Home” (Gene Clark)
5. “Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)” (Phil and Don Everly)
6. “Through the Morning, Through the Night” (Gene Clark)
7. “Please Read The Letter” (Robert Plant/Michael Lee/Jimmy Page/Charlie Jones)
8. “Trampled Rose” (Tom Waits/Kathleen Brennan)
9. “Fortune Teller” (Naomi Neville)
10. “Stick With Me Baby” (Mel Tillis)
11. “Nothin'” (Townes Van Zandt)
12. “Let Your Loss Be Your Lesson” (Milt Campbell)
13. “Your Long Journey” (A.D. Watson and Rosa Lee Watson)