Buy music on this topic at | Amazon
The Civil Wars and T Bone Burnett not only came together to create the soundtrack for the documentary, A Place At The Table, but the two are also uniting to donate their profits and royalties from this soundtrack to The Participant Foundation.
The original soundtrack, featuring 14 songs, will be out February 26, just before the premiere of A Place At The Table on March 1.
A Place At The Table is a documentary highlighting the growing hunger crisis in America.
“Being a part of A Place At The Table opened my eyes to an epidemic that is happening in our country right now—underneath many of our noses,” said Christian music recording artist Joy Williams. “It’s happening to our neighbors, to our friends, to children. It’s a silent battle that can be won, if we as a nation set our minds to ending it. Linking arms with T Bone Burnett to create music for such a timely and important film as this was an honor.”
The Civil Wars and T Bone Burnett have pledged to donate 100% of their net profits and royalties from this soundtrack to The Participant Foundation.
The Civil Wars recently won “Best Folk Album” and “Best Country Duo/Group Performance” at 54th annual GRAMMY Awards. T Bone Burnett is a 13-time Grammy Award winning producer and recording artist.
A Place At The Table track-listing:
1. Mississippi Delta – T Bone Burnett
2. Long Time Gone – The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett
3. Uptown Brown’s – T Bone Burnett
4. Focus (Rosie’s Theme) – The Civil Wars
5. At the Table – T Bone Burnett
6. The Need – The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett
7. Long Time Gone (Dustbowl Version) – The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett
8. Food Deserts – T Bone Burnett
9. Jonestown Elementary (Tremonica) – T Bone Burnett
10. Getting Worse – The Civil Wars
11. Barbie at the Bodega – The Civil Wars
12. Witnesses to Hunger – T Bone Burnett
13. I Do Exist – T Bone Burnett
14. Finding North – The Civil Wars