Buy music on this topic at | Amazon
All of Dave Grohl’s recent mysterious projects are finally coming to light. Grohl recently worked with Ratt’s Stephen Pearcy and Warren DeMartini and Slipknot/Stone Sour’s frontman Corey Taylor on undisclosed projects. Mxdwn had speculated that the project was linked to Grohl’s film, Sound City.
In February this was confirmed when we got further wind that the collaboration was indeed for Grohl’s documentary. Fans have been patiently waiting for more information and release dates.
Consequence of Sound reported today that in fact, the collaborations are part of a companion soundtrack to the film. The soundtrack features collaborations with more than a few notable names. Trent Reznor, Josh Homme, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, and even Rick Springfield are just a few. The soundtrack will be released on Grohl’s own Roswell Records on March 12, 2013. The film will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.
Sound City – Real to Reel Tracklist:
01. Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes, and Robert Levon Been – “Heaven and All”
02. Brad Wilk, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Tim Commerford – “Time Slowing Down”
03. Dave Grohl, Rami Jaffee, Stevie Nicks, and Taylor Hawkins – “You Can’t Fix This”
04. Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Rick Springfield, and Taylor Hawkins – “The Man That Never Was”
05. Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Lee Ving, Pat Smear, and Taylor Hawkins – “Your Wife Is Calling”
06. Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, and Scott Reeder – “From Can to Can’t”
07. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – “Centipede”
08. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – “A Trick With No Sleeve”
09. Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear – “Cut Me Some Slack”
10. Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Jim Keltner, and Rami Jaffee – “Once Upon a Time… The End”
11. Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, and Trent Reznor – “Mantra”