Buy music on this topic at | Amazon
Berlin avant-garde group Einstürzende Neubauten have announced a series of North American tour dates to celebrate their 30th anniversary of performing live.
The group has set up two dates in four US cities and one Canadian city for this December, in which different events will be performed on consecutive days.
One concert will be a traditional, full-length performance by the entire group, with a repertoire spanning the length of their career.
The second concert will present fans with an opportunity to connect with the band members in a different way. Included in the second night’s performance:
- Q&A with fans regarding the band’s history, the various stages of creative development, work with the “supporters” of the neubauten.org project (phase 1-3), and about the future.
- Workshops/lectures regarding the band’s connection with Berlin culture from the 1980s to today.
- Films documenting the inner workings and public image of the band during the 30 years of their existence. These will include documentaries on the group, films the group has soundtracked, and films produced by the band.
- Solo performancespresenting individual band members’ solo projects in the form of readings, musical performance and DJ sets.
- Photo exhibition of the band.
Einstürzende Neubauten’s tour dates are as follows:
12/1/10 – The Music Box – Los Angeles CA *
12/2/10 – The Echoplex – Los Angeles CA ^
12/3/10 – The Fillmore – San Francisco CA *
12/4/10 – Slim’s – San Francisco CA ^
12/8/10 – Vic Theatre – Chicago IL*
12/9/10 – Metro – Chicago IL ^
12/11/10 – Phoenix Concert Theatre – Toronto ON *
12/12/10 – Lee’s Palace – Toronto ON ^
12/14/10 – Webster Hall – New York NY *
12/15/10 – Bowery Ballroom – New York NY ^
* Full-length Concert
^ Intimate Multidisciplinary Experience